With over six hundred select students majoring and minoring in the arts and sciences, and award winning faculty in seven academic departments, the college brims with intellectual and creative energy.
From a first year student’s first days all the way through to graduation, the arts and sciences offer plenty to engage the curious, active mind. Classes, research, study abroad, visiting scholars, artists and performances, internships, experiments for kids, service to the community—there is always an exciting opportunity, project, or event. We believe strongly in the University motto of “entering to learn and departing to serve,” and we are in a unique position to fulfill that for the Oakwood student. Join us and start your journey today!
– DEAN, Dr. Kenneth Lai Hing
- Oakwood University Partners with Ross University School of Medicine
- Oakwood Student Triumphs at the LSAC Forum 2019
- Thanks to WJOU Donors
- Oakwood University Represents at Department of Health and Human Services Charity Fair
- Oakwood University to Host Event as Part of Alabama Bicentennial
- Child Development Lab becomes Licensed Facility
- Special Guests Announced for Oakwood Live!
- Oakwood University Crowns Ja’Neil Humphrey Miss UNCF 2019-2020
- Actress April Hernandez Addresses Oakwood Students for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Oakwood University Hosts 25th Annual Graduate School Expo