With over six hundred select students majoring and minoring in the arts and sciences, and award winning faculty in seven academic departments, the college brims with intellectual and creative energy.
From a first year student’s first days all the way through to graduation, the arts and sciences offer plenty to engage the curious, active mind. Classes, research, study abroad, visiting scholars, artists and performances, internships, experiments for kids, service to the community—there is always an exciting opportunity, project, or event. We believe strongly in the University motto of “entering to learn and departing to serve,” and we are in a unique position to fulfill that for the Oakwood student. Join us and start your journey today!
– DEAN, Dr. Kenneth Lai Hing
- Fun Facts: Oakwood IndustriesFifty years ago, the Apollo 11 Saturn V lifted off with astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin Jr. on board. Four days later, Armstrong and Aldrin would walk on the moon. Oakwood’s neighbors in the “Rocket City” of Huntsville, specifically at NASA and the Marshall Space Flight ... read more
- Dwayne Cheddar HonoredAt the Global Adventist Internet Network (GAIN) Conference, held July 4-6 in Montego Bay, Jamaica Union Conference President Everett Brown presented an award to Oakwood University Professor of Communication Dwyane Cheddar for outstanding service in the area of media and production and commitment to the mission of the Global Seventh-day Adventist Church.Click ... read more
- Jason Ferdinand serves as American Judge for International Choral CompetitionThe only international choral competitionthat promotes Filipino folk music as well as the legacy of National Artist for Music Andrea Ofilada Veneracion, returns for its fourth edition on July 18-21 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). The Andrea O. Veneracion (AOV) International Choral Festival is a four-day affair featuring ... read more
- Headed for “the Oaks”Two of our incoming freshmen next month are Chifundo Mpokosa (left), from Malawi. He plans to major in business administration, with a minor in theology. Caliyah McLaurine (right), from Tennessee, will be a nursing major this fall. The post Headed for “the Oaks” appeared first on Oakwood University News. ... read more
- Oakwood Farms Charms at Inaugural Graze: HuntsvilleOakwood Farms (OF) was invited by the Alabama Sustainable Agriculture Network (ASAN) to participate in the first Graze: Huntsville event that took place Sunday, July 14, 2019, from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. The event paired local chefs with a local farm to develop a unique culinary experience for attendees. The ... read more