Students in communication are prepared for professional careers in broadcasting, journalism, and public relations, or for media-related positions in education and industry. Other opportunities include graduate school, consulting, law, library science, public affairs, and teaching. Artists find employment in a variety of professions in thousands of organizations around the world.
- The specific and primary purpose is to provide a vehicle through which communication students may enhance their skills and experience by completing practical projects, and working with professional and semi-professional communicators and organizations.
- The general purpose is to actively promote the highest standards of communication creativity, performance, education and research.
- To increase the skill level of members, through the use of projects (Inside Oakwood, Commercials, Public Relations) so members will be able to have experience in there area of interest
- To develop a sense of comradeship between Communication majors and minors
- To make the club more visible in the community and throughout campus (ie, community service activities, participation in preliminaries at Prayer Meeting, etc.)
- To provide networking outlets to secure internships and jobs after graduation.
- To establish a system of mentoring
Members – Any major or minor regularly enrolled at Oakwood University who maintains a minimum of 2.0 GPA – Dues ~ $10 per semester, $18 per year
Club Officer – Any student member is nomination as a club officer who:
- Meets the University’s eligibility of a 2.5 GPA
- Is a communication major or minor and
- Is a dues-paying club member
Officer Positions – president, president-elect (vice president), secretary, treasurer, chaplain, and public relations officer. Appointed officers are: assistant secretary and assistant public relations officer
Eligibility Criteria – the club will give 3 textbook scholarships in the form of $75 bookstore vouchers. Applicants must:
- Be a registered member of the club for at least one semester;
- Have dues paid currently
- Have met club meeting attendance requirements (two unexcused absences allowed)
- Have the application turned in by the deadline
- Art (A.S.)
Commercial Art | Photography
- Communication (B.A.
Communication ArtsPublic Relations
- Visual Media (B.A.) Coming Fall 2018
- Graphic Design
- Communication Media (B.A.)
- Communication Media
- Communication Club
AR 111 : Fundamentals of Drawing
CO 201 : Fundamentals of Public Speaking
CO 342 : Radio and TV Broadcasting
MAKE A GIFT JOIN OUR MAILING LIST Get Inspired. See the Difference. Receive our latest updates FOLLOW US Connect with us Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube flikr TITLE IX EMERGENCY HC2020 EMPLOYMENT BOOKSTORE Annual Security & Fire Report OUBN OUCSDA PRAISE 90.1...read more
Divine Worship Experience Sabbath, January 20, 2018 at 11:00 a.m Oakwood University Church Speaker: President Leslie Pollard Featuring The Award Winning Aeolians MAKE A GIFT JOIN OUR MAILING LIST Get Inspired. See the Difference. Receive our latest updates FOLLOW...read more
Voting in EBONY's 2017-2018 HBCU Campus Queens online competition has been extended through through 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2018. Click here or on the picture at the right to find out more about this dynamic young lady representing Oakwood University, and place your...read more
Dr. Keith Augustus Burton, from the School of Religion, recently completed the Certificate in Online Teaching with the Online Learning Consortium. The year-long program commenced with a ten-week foundation course that covered essential aspects of online teaching,...read more
Anchor WPMI-TV/Local 15, Mobile, AL
BA in Communication Media: Print Journalism
AS in Art: Photography