Public Relations Hosting NAD “Is This Thing On?” event
The Department of Integrated Marketing and Public Relations (IMPR) advances and protects the image and reputation of Oakwood University through earned media and management of relationships with the media, publicizes the activities and achievements of the University’s students and employees, and promotes campus events, through internal and external University communications, publications and advertising.
IMPR has primary responsibility for institutional interactions with the media and for establishing OU’s media communications and public relations priorities, processes, and procedures.
We are responsible for identifying, writing, pitching, and monitoring stories about the activities of OU, its academic colleges, social groups, and external activities that advance OU’s brand and reputation and for developing news content for the OU social platforms,
The office is located in East Hall, the most historic building on campus, which was built in 1909. The building has served as a sanitarium, residence hall for academy boys, orphanage, faculty residence, and at one time housed the Department of English. Renovated in the mid-1990s, East Hall now houses the Division of Advancement and Development.
Standards and guidelines on media submission
All videos must adhere to the conduct and ethical standards set forth by the SDA church and the OU Handbook for Employees and Students.
- Do not submit any media content that is secular and does not meet the aforementioned standards.
- Please allow 7 days advance notice when submitting media for broadcast.
- Media submitted for broadcast must meet production specifications and format set forth below.
Pre-Broadcast specifications to submit media for broadcast
- File type – MOV or MP4
- Resolution – 1920 x 1080
- Bit Rate – 25,000 KB/s
- Compression Rate – H.264
- Sample Rate – 48 KHZ
- Drop frame – 23.97/ 29.97/ 59.94
- Time format – Please keep productions in broadcast industry time standards of 15/30/45/60 seconds or minutes. (Note: Please leave at least 10 seconds of black before your production intro and at least a second of black after outro of production for transition and editing purposes).