The unit’s conceptual framework is built on the theme–“Holistic Preparation of Teachers for Service in a Multicultural Society” and provides the framework for the teaching and assessment systems. The fifteen conceptual framework outcomes are clearly identified in every aspect of teaching and of the assessment system to help students gain knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become effective teachers.
The Teacher Education Program is a member of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and it is approved by the Alabama State Department of Education, the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Department of Education, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Biology Education (B.S.)
- Elementary Education (B.S.)
- English Language Arts Education (B.S.)
- Health/Physical Education Teaching P-12 (B.S.)
- Mathematics Education (B.S.)
- Music: Instrumental Education P-12 (B.S.)
- Music: Vocal/Choral Education P-12 (B.S.)
- Religious Education (B.S.)
- Social Science Education (B.S.)
- ITAP – Instructional Technology Assistant Program
- PSTI – Pre-Service Teacher Institute, NASA
ED 130 : Orientation to Teaching
ED 254 : Microbiology
ED 300 : Classroom Organization and Management
Your donations at work!! We are excited to share the progress of the new Oakwood Treehouse Lounge & Café. Things are beginning to take shape asthe lower level of Blake Center is being transformed for our students. Thanks to the project organizers and all the...
Oakwood University continues to build the quality of personnel that will serve our students and constituents in the best possible way. The Eva B. Dykes Library is currently looking to fill the position of Librarian - Electronic Resources. The ideal candidate would...
Sara Turner will be arriving on campus in a few weeks, to register for the fall semester 2018 at Oakwood University. Sara intends to study Marketing with a minor in International Business.
Oakwood University Aeolians Win at World Choir Games in Tshwane, South Africa with Highest Scores Oakwood University Aeolians achieved highest scores in two categories to win big at the 10th edition of World Choir Games in Tshwane, located in the northern part of...
STATE LICENSURE EXAM RESULTS
(CAEP Component 5.4 | A.5.4)
- Impact on P-12 learning and development (Component 4.1)
Teacher Work Samples
- Indicators of teaching effectiveness (Component 4.2)
6 Day Practicum – Intern Disposition – FALL 2017
- Satisfaction of employers and employment milestones (Component 4.3 | A.4.1)
Oakwood Employer Summary Data
- Satisfaction of completers (Component 4.4 |1.4.2)
- Copy of Early Field Experience Evaluation-Gate 1 Part 1- ED200 (Fall 2017)
- Copy of Early Field Experience Evaluation-Gate 1 Part 2- ED240 (Fall 2017)
- Graduation Rates (initial & advanced levels)
47% graduation rate for the institution.
- Ability of completers to meet licensing (certification) and any additional state requirements; Title II (initial & advanced levels)
All graduates in Education meet the state of Alabama Certification requirements.
- Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they have prepared (initial & advance levels)
Last academic year 2016 – 2017are employed as follows:
9 are teaching in their fields
1 is pursuing graduate studies
1 is not working in his field
- Student loan default rates and other consumer information (initial & advanced levels)
7000 Adventist blvd
Huntsville, AL 35896-0001
|Master’s Degree or Doctor’s Degree||Private||Both (FFEL/FDL)||Default Rate||FY2014