A view of the dorm
O. B. Edwards Hall, completed in 1969, is the residence hall designated for students classified as sophomores – seniors who are at least 19 years of age.
Each room contains the following: bed(s), dresser(s), closet(s), desk(s), and chair(s). Required items include fitted sheets for a 76″ long mattress.
|Digital HD Cable Television||Yes|
|Wireless Internet Access||Yes|
|Curtains/Blinds||Yes – Blinds|
|Shower Facilities||1 Per Suite|
|Maximum Occupancy Total||236|
Room Evaluation: Residents are responsible for the condition of their rooms. Your RA will check you into your room and inspect, along with you, all of the furniture and any distinguishable marks in the room. Upon check out, the condition will be compared to the original check-in evaluation form. After your room is cleaned and your belongings are removed, both you and the RA will examine the rooms condition. Any damages not noted on the check in section, will be noted in the check-out section of the same form. Charges will be accessed to your student account accordingly to cover damages not noted at the time of your check-in.
The following items are prohibited: sub woofers, refrigerators above 1.5 amps, hot plates, woks, toasters, candles & incense
Room keys or magnetic cards are assigned upon arrival at the residence halls. Your keys/cards are security for you and other residents in the halls. Remember to lock your door and carry your keys at all times. There is a $50 charge to replace a lost key.
Remember that your Residential Housing Agreement covers the full academic year. However, if for any reason the need arises for you to move out of the residence hall, annex or West Oaks Apartments, contact the Dean immediately and follow all checkout procedures.
Checking out of the Residence Halls:
- Contact your RA and make an appointment to check out of your room.
- Your room must be clean and empty of all belongings (vacuum cleaners may be available for your use).
- After your room is cleaned and your belongings removed, both you and your RA will examine the condition… (for more information see page 22 of the residential life guide)
- Return your room key to your RA and complete a forwarding address card obtained in the residential hall office. Complete your portion of the Room Condition Evaluation and sign it verifying that the information is accurate.
- As stated above, damage charges will be accessed to your student account (see previous check out statement above). If this amount exceeds the deposit, or drops below the minimum balance and you are planning on
returning to the residence halls, you will be asked to bring the account to the $150.00 limit before moving in again.
Failure to check out properly using the above procedures will result in forfeiture of your room deposit and/or fines being placed on your bill.
Edwards Hall 2016 bathroom renovation
Phone: (256) 726-7180